Fresh Cherry Salsa
- 2 1/4 cups Market Fresh Cherries, pitted (3/4 pound), roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 fresh jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, stir cherries together with the sugar and let stand 5 minutes for the sugar to absorb.
- Stir in the lime juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, and salt. Gently fold in the red onion, jalapenos and cilantro. Chill for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to meld, then serve cold or at room temperature.